COVID -19 vaccine registration for 18+
COVID vaccine registration for 18+ is all set to begin at 4 pm today in India. This will be phase 3 of the vaccination drive in India that will expand the existing criteria of vaccinating people aged 45 and above.
Registration for the COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory and it requires eligible people to have a valid Indian identity proof such as an Aadhaar card or a PAN card.
All Indian adults will be able to register via the Cowin platform, Aarogya Setu app, and Umang app to receive the Covid-19 vaccine starting May 1st.
How to register for the COVID-19 vaccine?
Unlike the first and second phase of vaccination, there will be no walk-in registration for the third phase, which covers people aged between 18-45 years. The beneficiaries will have to pre-book online for a jab of Covishield and Covaxin.
You need to have a mobile number to register for the COVID-19 vaccination online. The government also requires a valid Indian ID proof.
This can be your Aadhaar card, driving license, PAN card, passport, pension passbook, NPR smart card, or voter ID card (e-elector photo identity card). As mentioned, you can register on the CoWIN portal, or through Aarogya Setu or Umang
Steps to register for COVID-19 vaccination through CoWIN portal
- Visit CoWIN website (https://www.cowin.gov.in/home) scroll down to the ‘Find Your Nearest Vaccination Center’ section and enter the place and address where you live or click on the ‘current location’ option to get the details of the nearest vaccination center and now click on Register/ Sign in Yourself.
- Type your mobile number and hit the Get OTP button. A one-time password (OTP) will reach your phone.
Enter the OTP you have received on your phone and click Verify.
- Now, enter details such as your name, gender, and year of birth. Click on Register.
- Click on Schedule next to the name of the person registered to book the appointment for the vaccination.
- Enter your pin code and click Search. You will see the centers available for your pin code.
- You can also search for a vaccine center by selecting your state and district.
- Select the center and date and time for the vaccination, and hit Confirm.
- You can add up to four family members through one registration. However, it is important to point out that if one person aged 45 years or above and others aged between 18 and 44 years want to schedule a combined appointment, then only private paid vaccination centers or vaccination centers as per state government’s policy will be made available.
Top Selling Products
Steps to register for COVID-19 vaccine via Aarogya Setu app
If you do not want to use the CoWIN portal via a Web browser, you can use the Aarogya Setu app on your phone to register for the COVID-19 vaccine. Below are the steps that you can follow to register using the app.
- Open the Aarogya Setu app.
- Go to the CoWIN tab from the home screen.
- Select Vaccination Registration and enter your phone number to get an OTP.
- Tap Verify. You will be directed to the Registration of Vaccination page.
- Now follow the same steps as mentioned above for registering through the CoWIN portal.
- The vaccination drive currently includes two COVID-19 vaccines, namely Covaxin that has been developed by Hyderabad-based Bharat Biotech and Covishield that has been developed by the Oxford-AstraZeneca and is being manufactured by the Serum Institute of India (SII).
Do I have to register for the Covid vaccine?
Yes, As the vaccination opens up for all adults, here’s how one can get the anti-coronavirus jab. Registration on the CoWIN platform is mandatory for everyone.
Where can we register for the Covid vaccine?
Those above 18 can get vaccinated from 1 May in the third phase of inoculation. get ready for vaccinated.